Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Muse Mk Bowl - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Muse Mk Bowl

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
Anyone here tonight?

Can spot me as could only find a TFB hat!

Currently queuing:(
We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Does security admit nudists?
    Be seeing you.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 118
    Anyone here tonight?

Currently queuing:(
    Still queuing too and looks like pre paid parking is full. I'll be ranting about this on my download festival thread tomorrow 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Yep, I’m here and infrastructure is shit - queues are Fucking Fucked
    Royal Blood were great though

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Great gig but yes soooooo much queuing, also some truly eye watering drink and food prices!

Muse were absolutely fantastic though, helps that their new album is a corker and I wouldn't have minded hearing Reapers or Supremacy, but the band were tighter than a tight thing, Matt remains a virtuoso just great!
    Oh and Royal Blood were excellent, nice to see them at a show they want to do!  

Enjoyed the Warning as well, a lot of fun and the singer guitarist is smoking...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    It's been almost 10 years since I last saw them (Abu Dhabi F1 2013 - fuck!) but they're always one of the very best live bands around. What does their stage show look like this time around? 

I've moved well past just wanting to be Matt Bellamy as a guitar player but I'd still love a Manson of some sort...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    edited June 2023
    I was there.  Queues were crazy, the bars shutdown at one point due to payment issues, and I've no idea where the food stands were.

It's a great venue though.  Car park issues were annoying, but at least we were forewarned that we'd be held until the pedestrian traffic had dispersed, unlike Download.

Muse are a class act.  It's my third time seeing them and they never disappoint.
    What does their stage show look like this time around? 

I've moved well past just wanting to be Matt Bellamy as a guitar player but I'd still love a Manson of some sort...
    Pyro, between song films like the videos from the current album, BIG animatronics...

I'd happily settle for being Matt Bellamy!

I've got one of the Manson/Cort sigs, lovely guitar.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Bod said:
    It's a great venue though.
    Not so good after all-day pissing down rain. 

I attended a show there in 1982. Between acts, some audience members would trudge up the arena earth banking to slide back down on the mud - like at the original Woodstock or, for older Fretboarders, the Saturday morning Rugby League coverage on Grandstand with Eddie Waring. 
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    annoyingly I could've done a shift providing medical support there, but had a family thing to go to instead. :( 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• PjonPjon Frets: 203
    Bod said:
    It's a great venue though.
    Not so good after all-day pissing down rain. 

Also not great when the sun sets directly behind the stage as it did when I saw the Foo Fighters/Royal Blood/Iggy Pop there a few years ago. When I say that I saw Royal Blood I mean that I heard them but couldn't look towards the stage for fear of being blinded for life.