Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Queen - Collectors Edition The Miracle - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Queen - Collectors Edition The Miracle

KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
Stumbled across this on Spotify a few days ago. I know this is not their best album by a long shot, but if you like Queen, and already very familiar with this album, check out disc 2 included here. This is not your usual 'remastered' borefest that might sound a bit different if you listen very closely. There are some very different versions of each song on here. With different structure, different lyrics etc. More of a raw, unproduced vibe, that sounds improvised in places, as if trying to capture the songs as one take in the studio, including some speech and interaction between band members.

Now, I wasn't born yesterday and know that it probably wasn't done in one take and has probably been edited together. However I found this a really fresh take on the album. If you are a Queen fan definitely check it out. It is more reminiscent of 70's Queen, than 90's Queen in my opinion, that's what I was digging about it. Freddie's voice is insane in places, and Deacon's bass playing really shines too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    Definitely an interesting Queen album, will give the extra disc a spin (well, metaphorically - I listen on Spotify.)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter