Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Marshall Artiste with reverb - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Marshall Artiste with reverb

koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
Question for amp techs, I seem to remember that the input on normally channel can be molded more like JIM'S any thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 486
    No need to. Huge headroom. Loud and louder. Not bedroom amps. Takes pedals all the way. Bridge the channels and you can push it anyway. Need distortion then get a pedal. Keep the reverb for those dedicated srv moments. 
    I’ve had five Artistes and never felt the need to mod them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
    It's a mates, I quite like the amps.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Question for amp techs, I seem to remember that the input on normally channel can be molded more like JIM'S any thoughts?
    Not really, it's a completely different circuit. It wouldn't be easy even on a turret-board one, but most are PCB which makes it much more difficult.

I've modded a couple, with inconsistent results... really I would leave it alone and just use it as it was designed to be, as a fairly clean amp which takes pedals quite well, as lukedlb said. Not a classic Marshall sound but nowhere near as horrible as sometimes said.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Short answer: yes, turret-board version easy for a tech.

Longer answer: fairly easy for moderately experienced amp tweaker. BUT Artiste values today pretty much make this A Bad Idea. When they were <£300 for the 2x12 combo with turretboard, it was a low cost way to get JTM-to-JCM-to-SLO gain.