Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #95 - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #95

Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #95. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Thanks to @fastonebaz ;providing the backing track for this one.

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 30th June 2023.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 339
    5 pts: @digitalkettle especially for the creative reharm but also the super tasteful playing, as always.
    3 pts: @Bellycaster -lots of energy and a very good fit for the track
    1 pt: @stratman3142 - another good fit for the track, interesting legato runs

Good work on this! There seemed to be a bit of a Gilmore vibe in most entries at one point or another which I thought was interesting.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    5 points : @susbemol : Very interesting 'off the wall' lines and phrasing. Quite 'Steve Vai'. Different to your usual jazzy style. Highly creative.

3 points : @digitalkettle : Very musical and expressive. Great tone and phrasing.

1 point : @fastonebaz : Mad, wild, shreddy. Quite barmy :), but very interesting and creative.

It's not a competition.
    Voting closes tomorrow (30th June) at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    I've listened several times,  still deciding my votes :smile: 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    edited June 2023
    5pts @susbemol superb.   Juicy tone, v creative lovely licks, agreed very Vai esque.  Excellent. 

3pts @digitalkettle I felt the major (I think) mode of the intro clashed a bit with the minor mode of the rhythm but it was so cleanly played throughout , very inventive and splendidly crafted,  instant sit up and pay attention track.

1pt @stratman3142 that tone man I love it,  I wonder if its more an ibanez thing or helix thing or just in the fingers.   Very tasty playing. 
    Voting closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
    Quick nudge to @Bellycaster and @digitalkettle, entrants that haven't voted yet and it's closing soon.

Anyone else can vote, even if you're not an entrant..

It's not a competition.
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    Quick nudge to @Bellycaster and @digitalkettle, entrants that haven't voted yet and it's closing soon.

Anyone else can vote, even if you're not an entrant..

Just back from a week away...will get it sorted.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    Will do tonight.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    5 Points @susbemol - As others have said, very Creative and shades of Steve Vai in there. Very impressive playing.

3 Points @digitalkettle - Very tasteful, nice switch of Guitar tone and technique near the start.

1 Point @stratman3142 - Another nicely understated entry but with some very nifty technique.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    Apologies for brevity & tardiness...

5 points - @susbemol ;
    3 points - @stratman3142 ;
    1 point - @Bellycaster ;