Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). KRANK Rev1 - Metal High Gain Tones!! - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

KRANK Rev1 - Metal High Gain Tones!!

Never ever owned a Krank before and managed to get one a few days ago! Bought it without even hearing it and im so glad I got it because im so surprised with how many different types of tones you can get out of it!

Will be nice to compare the Rev and the Krankenstein one day..

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 1979
    How would you compare it to other, more commonplace, high gain amps? I feel like I can hear some JCM-ish hairiness in it that surprised me, but also the dryness of something like a 5150.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • timmypix said:
    How would you compare it to other, more commonplace, high gain amps? I feel like I can hear some JCM-ish hairiness in it that surprised me, but also the dryness of something like a 5150.
    I think you are on the right path in this specific clip yeah.
    The tightness of the amp reminds me of my Marshall JVM410 and TSL100 for sure, but its definitely different at the same time.. feels a lot different to play than my marshalls..

When messing about with sweep knob etc it become very different sounding !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    Sounds great. I always wanted to try some of the Kranks as the schematics look interesting.

I assume as you turn the sweep down (reducing low mids) you have to turn the bass knob up, as they work against each other? 
  • Sounds great. I always wanted to try some of the Kranks as the schematics look interesting.

I assume as you turn the sweep down (reducing low mids) you have to turn the bass knob up, as they work against each other? 
    The Krank really actually reminds me of a combination between my marshall and my laney ironheart but fatter now thinking back.

And when turning the sweep knob down, it actually adds a lot more bass and the amp becomes a little looser, the higher the sweep knob is, the more tight and trebly it becomes so you can really fine tune what you are after.

I will do a proper playthrough of it on my channel soon , got quite a few people asking me for it! Make sure to subscribe if you are interested and hopefully youll be notified when I upload it!