Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Peter Gabriel Live - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Peter Gabriel Live

What's Hot
Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
Just stumbled on this clip on YouTube.  I've never really been a Gabriel fan, although I appreciate what he does, but this is great.

Some very entertaining choreography with Tony Levin and David Rhodes from about 3:30 onwards!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Secret World live is the best concert film I've ever seen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 423
    Saw him twice on the Growing up tour. Phenomenal stage show 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    PG is the man!
    His shows are very choreographed and at times a bit cheesy, but always very entertaining.
    I love when the stage lighting moves around the stage and then starts attacking him. So cool.

And of course... that voice.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    edited June 2023
    He's the man !

I love that he monosyllabic talking, but totally erudite singing !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Ahh, I could have gone seen him in Brum the other night. But two sets of him, no support I just thought I might be bored. So, if I watch that clip and it’s brilliant I’ll be really annoyed with myself.

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 742
    Saw the other night at the 02 Arena and he was terrific. New stuff is phenomenal which is lucky because there was a lot of new stuff.
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    DiscoStu said:
    And of course... that voice...
    ...again!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    For me this clip is wonderful - so full of joy!

Solsbury hill from the Secret world Tour 1994

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 86
    I'm seeing him in Manchester tonight
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Gotta say, there's only one show in history that I wish I'd been to see, and that's Secret World. Blew my mind when I first saw the video.
    <space for hire>
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 824

I love this clip and the choreography is great here as well
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Only ever seen PG live fronting Six Of The Best. (Seven, if you count Mr. Stephen Hackett coming on stage for the encore.)
    Be seeing you.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    I was at the Manchester show last night, second row, dead centre. 

The view was great, the sound less so as I was behind the PA. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    edited June 2023
    I was at Manchester last night too - it was as good as arena shows get. The songs from the forthcoming album are great (I was familiar with some of them as he’s ‘released’ one a month on-line at each Full Moon). 

The band was astounding (Manu Katche is astonishing) and Gabriel is a captivating performer. The opening was delightfully low key, playing Washing of the Water around a camp ‘fire’ - just him and Tony Levin, gradually joined by the other players.

I saw him twice on the Back to Front tour. In terms of visuals, this was even better. A genuinely unique talent and seemingly the most delightful of people.