Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). L R Baggs Synapse - Anyone Played One ? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

L R Baggs Synapse - Anyone Played One ?

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
These are pricey and fairly rare...

Anyone played through one ?

Cheers =)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 4979
    No.  I do remember the last acoustic amp though, had a lot of issues and didn’t do very well at all. Saying that though meant to have sounded very good

try before you buy!  Tbh Warren I have seen excellent players using a range of brands and sounding fantastic

Bose
    AER
    Schertler

to name 3.   

I used to use a small Yamaha PA system, K and K pickup and a good quality external pre amp

sounded good enough imo

also Owned and used the AER.

an extremely knowledgeable chap once advised me to get a decent powered cab and a great Pre amp 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    mgaw said:
    No.  I do remember the last acoustic amp though, had a lot of issues and didn’t do very well at all. Saying that though meant to have sounded very good

try before you buy!  Tbh Warren I have seen excellent players using a range of brands and sounding fantastic

Bose
    AER
    Schertler

to name 3.   

I used to use a small Yamaha PA system, K and K pickup and a good quality external pre amp

sounded good enough imo

also Owned and used the AER.

an extremely knowledgeable chap once advised me to get a decent powered cab and a great Pre amp 
    Thanks Mark - echoes my own thoughts....

What would be a 'great pre-amp' in your opinion ?

• What would be a 'great pre-amp' in your opinion ?
    Prepare for 100 answers and 200 suggestions.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918

What would be a 'great pre-amp' in your opinion ?
    Prepare for 100 answers and 200 suggestions.
    All suggestions welcome ! =)
    Lots of pre amps around Warren. KK have their own , Orchid is basic but good. Those Grace audio? Look very good.  If I go down that road again I would get a valve based one purely because I like the sound of an acoustic through one 

not sure I would spend loads on one these days, marginal gains usually.  Good EQ and one that works well with whatever pick up system you have on board is more important imo
    Or just buy. 

IMG_1003.jpeg 348.9K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Humphrey Amps.  Ex pat Scotsman based in the USA
    edited June 2023
    Double post
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 353
    The LR Baggs para DI does the job for me. 
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 213
    ^^^

Wot he said.