Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). GSP LPJ DC - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

GSP LPJ DC

What's Hot
Recently bought one of @GSPBASSES LPJ kits. Everything supplied by Graham.

Had a DC a few years ago and have always preferred the look of the SC.

The plan was take it easy, maybe get someone to do a proper finishing job and then have a friend wire it up.

The plan went out of the window when I had an hour to spare a few weeks ago and whilst looking for something else in the shed, found the half empty tin of Rustins Red Mahogany stain.

A few days and many applications of stain later, I found a half empty can of nitro satin clear coat. ‘I wonder if this will do a job?’. What’s the worst that could happen? Sand it back and start again. Worth a shot.

Got home from the office today after a very warm train journey and thought I’d have a go at wiring it all up. Off to the interweb and a quick google brought up about a dozen different versions of LP Jnr wiring diagrams. Picked the one from @sixstringsupplies website as I’d had parts from them in the past.  Wired it all up and by heck, despite my soldering looking like Stevie Wonder did it whilst heavily intoxicated, it works.

Strung it up, sanded down the bottom of the nut, strings back on. Sanded it down a bit more, strings back on, sanded it down a bit more. Bollocks, should have left it. Bit of tape under the nut for now and strings back on. A new nut will be ordered at some point.

Plays like a real guitar. Sounds like one too through my THR. Looking forward to winding it up at practice next week.

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments