Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). er ... how do I log out of this site? - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

er ... how do I log out of this site?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
I'm using a different computer today, and I can't see any way to log out!?!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited June 2023
    Top left of the page, the 4 little icons under your userID - the rightmost one is a little cogwheel.  Click that, and "sign out".
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Throw your computer down the nearest well. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    You can check out any time you want…….. :#
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    TTony said:
    Top left of the page, the 4 little icons under your userID - the rightmost one is a little cogwheel.  Click that, and "sign out".
    This.

Also, you have another option if you find a site that genuinely doesn't have an option for signing out - just click the padlock next to the address in the top bar, and then find your way to a list of cookies - if you delete all the cookies, you're effectively signed out. Doesn't protect you from a man-in-the-middle or replay attack, but it does prevent the next person on the computer from using your session.
    <space for hire>
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Thanks people. I shall remove myself from older daughters computer when she isn't looking!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    tone1 said:
    You can check out any time you want…….. :#
    LIKE !!!  LIKE !!!!!!!
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.