Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Award-Session problems? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Award-Session problems?

What's Hot
Dr_NecessiterDr_Necessiter Frets: 152
I've just ordered a 5E3 from Award-Session (bought off the peg from stock) but they haven't taken my money or replied to my email asking why they hadn't taken my money. I did get an order confirmation but I'm not sure whether it was generated automatically...

Should I be concerned by this?
"I've got the moobs like Jabba".
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 230
    They build them in small batches and only take £ when the amp is ready to ship, that was my experience.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Session bossman sometimes posts on here - he might be able to give you more details.
    @sessionman
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    I bought a 5E3 from them about two months back. They confirmed receipt of the order. Then they went quiet for a while (their website warns that this is exactly what will happen). Next time I heard from them (apart from a discussion about speakers) was a few days before delivery. They also charged my card about then.

The amp is fantastic by the way.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks everyone - @HAL9000 glad you're enjoying your amp :) .

My concern is that this isn't one made to order - it was in stock and so I expected to pay for it first up. I'll update the thread in due course once I hear something - I don't need the amp immediately and at least I still have the money rather than be chasing something I've already paid for.
  • This has now been resolved: apparently there were a number of takers for the stock amp and I wasn't first so the order was cancelled but I'll probably revisit it in future. I'd rather order one customised to my taste if instant gratification isn't an option. :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter