Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SOLD Yamaha MX61 mk2 synth - Studio & Rec £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SOLD Yamaha MX61 mk2 synth

goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
edited September 2023 in Studio & Rec £
Bought in error.

This is a Yamaha Motif synth engine repackaged in a more affordable and lightweight synth. 128 voices and 16-part multitimbral. Over 1000 patches, from bread-n-butter piano, rhodes, organ, strings to solo and poly syntsh. It's the black 61-key version described here: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/music_production/synthesizers/mx_bk_bu/index.html

I'll take and add photos tomorrow. It's in very good condition, perhaps a few surface marks. Full working order, with box, manual and power supply.

It's the Mk2 version, which means that as well as USB MIDI, it also does USB audio, and this is class compliant, needing no drivers to use with Macs, and it also works with iPad/iPhone. (Possible Linux - don't know). The upshot is that you hear the sounds from the DAW through speakers plugged into the MX61, and your MX61 audio is recorded direct into the DAW via USB. There's also a DAW mode that automatically operates a DAW via the keyboard switched. All via one cable.

NOTE: My error - don't do what I did and misinterpret the Yamaha block digram! That implied that audio signals fed into the MX61's 3.5mm stereo Aux Input are also sent via USB to the DAW. They are not. They are sent only to the MX61's line and headphone outputs. (Grrrr....)

Price: £375 shipped mainland UK or £350 collected from Cambridge.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Photo:

(And no, the tin of beans is not included.)

mx61.jpg 1.1M
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump
    Bump: £325 collected
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    I have the MK1 version of the MX49, which is the same series just older, smaller, and less good, and I find it's a brilliant piece of kit for what it's intended for. I found ways of recording both the audio and the midi at the same time, for the equivalent of reamping I suppose, which is really good. The Concert Grand sound on it is honestly one of my favourite sounds anywhere.

Free bump and recommendation for these as they don't seem that well known but those who have them seem to like them.
    Thanks (and bump)