Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Can anybody recommend an online jazz guitar course? - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Can anybody recommend an online jazz guitar course?

I've been playing for decades, but am pretty/very lazy when it comes to structured learnin' and proper practice.

Fancy doing a bit a jazz. Real lessons are not possible (time and money).

Anybody used any particularly good (structured) online jazz courses? 

I know 'youtube', but haven't found any that have a good linear structure; just single lessons....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• joeWjoeW Frets: 387
    Truefire has some good courses but sometimes books can be better for a linear overview which covers a lot of bases. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BradBrad Frets: 590
    I've been playing for decades, but am pretty/very lazy when it comes to structured learnin' and proper practice.

Fancy doing a bit a jazz. Real lessons are not possible (time and money).

Anybody used any particularly good (structured) online jazz courses? 

I know 'youtube', but haven't found any that have a good linear structure; just single lessons....
    That might be problematic. If you just ‘dip your toe in’ so to speak, you’ll likely end up getting frustrated with it all. Gotta go in and do the work. 

That being said, as @joeW said, you could
    check out truefire, particularly this which could be what you’re after?

https://truefire.com/jazz-standard-learning-system/just-friends/c1796

I admit I’ve no experience with his method, however Vignola is a brilliant musician so I’m sure it checks out and is worth a look.  
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 598
    Frank Vignola one is really good ..it's around £10 a month for the basic course ...it's very good 
  • Barry Greene - great teacher
  • andyscandysc Frets: 69
    Another vote for the many courses available on Truefire. With most of their jazz course you can sort of engage with it as deeply as you want. You can quickly learn a few licks and tunes to be able to play some things you like, and then look into the theory later if you want, or get into the detail straight away.