Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Charvel that even I would love to own............. - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Charvel that even I would love to own.............

What's Hot
NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 356
(45) Charvel Prashant Aswani Signature Pro-Mod So-Cal PA28 - YouTube

Just watched Burg's demo this Charvel,some fantastic clean sounds to be had as well as the usual.....
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I thought it looked familiar, here's the man himself demoing it:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ooh that’s nice. Love that tremolo 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I like Charvels, but that one is not my sort. I'd need HSS.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13679
    I like it except the pure white of the pickup bobbins clashing with the parchment/creme of the scratch plate.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 456
    Lose the hideous end-of-fretboard truss adjustment abomination, and you've got something there. 

Seriously, those are just so awful to look at - they totally ruin all the lines of a guitar around the neck join area. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 595
    I’m interested in the trem. I’m a long-time fan of double-lockers (I’ve got an RG with and Edge Pro) but something that offered the same tuning stability with less fuss would be very welcome.
    Also, I heard an interview with Prashant on some guitar podcast, and he came across as a thoughtful and likeable chap. And he’s a great player. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Lose the hideous end-of-fretboard truss adjustment abomination, and you've got something there. 

Seriously, those are just so awful to look at - they totally ruin all the lines of a guitar around the neck join area. 
    Really like the look of this guitar, but then again I tend to like most Charvel models from an aesthetic perspective.

I'd always opt for a guitar with the spoke-wheel truss rod adjustment - it makes dialing in adjustments soooo easy.  The look doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BuxtonBuxton Frets: 9
    Just about the perfect feature list for a Charvel for me, but really don't like the colour and the white pickups
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 403
    Same bridge as on my Suhr Pete Thorn by the looks of it. I've found it to be excellent over the 18 months or so that I've had it. Tuning stability is superb. Pulled it out of the Mono case lase night for the first time since our last gig over 3 weeks ago and still perfectly in tune. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Looks-wise, I'd prefer if it was more rounded at the edges like a Strat, but honestly that's just nitpicking.  Very nice guitar.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    Looks cool, but missing 2 frets!
    DavusPG said:
    Same bridge as on my Suhr Pete Thorn by the looks of it. I've found it to be excellent over the 18 months or so that I've had it. Tuning stability is superb. Pulled it out of the Mono case lase night for the first time since our last gig over 3 weeks ago and still perfectly in tune. 
    @DavusPG how does it cope with divebombs and heavy use? 
  • NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 356
    errr,has anyone actualy listened to the tones available.........?
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 30
    DavusPG said:
    I must say I’ve had the exact same experience with all the Suhrs I’ve had (four in total but only one now) so possibly a Suhr thing rather than that specific bridge. None of my other guitars have the same tuning stability when left alone. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    Had dismissed this as just a colour variant with a signature up charge. But actually the specs are great, thin skin nitro finish, neck shape that is a slim C and a bit fuller (more recent Charvels have strayed too far towards Ibanez wizard for my tastes), lower output pickups, So Cal body with DK neck heel sculpting, locking saddle trem. That’s a proper job for a dig model.