Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). DeArmond 2000s & 3 Mooers, make an offer - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

DeArmond 2000s & 3 Mooers, make an offer

What's Hot
cowmoocowmoo Frets: 39
edited October 2023 in Parts £
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Were the Comptons on Electromatics or prolines?

what size are the bridge posts?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • cowmoocowmoo Frets: 39
    Hello Paul, I'll check the post diameter tonight. Prolines.
    4mm give or take a gnats whisker
    Compton's and caddy pending sale
    edited June 2023
    Caddy gone, Compton's still available. DeArmonds still available.
    Trade for Bigsby B6C/B6 or Filtertron size pickups, brass Comptons or Tru Arc...
    Trade the DeArmonds for a B6 or B6C v cut. 
    £45 on the Compton's. Take both for £80
  • KoaKoa Frets: 111
    Would the 9.5 Compton be correct for a Gibson?
  • KoaKoa Frets: 111
    PMd
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    It's a killer cycling through all those links and trying to remember what you opened last. You can right click and copy the image and paste it in like this ;)

IMG-20230610-164020321
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks Lovestrat....never could find a 'how to do anything' on this site!!! 
    How do I right click on my phone?!?!?
    Replied Koa!
    edited June 2023
    Comptons sold, just DeArmonds left.
    Make an Interesting take on a Cabronita build....
    edited June 2023

Sorry, tried copy and paste images, doesn't work for me....
    spoke too soon!!IMG-20230623-052201549
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    IMG-20230623-052241133
    I forgot about the Compton’s. What’s the radius?
    These pickups are a bargain!  They usually go for  £250 a set. I honestly love them just as much as dynasonics. They’re super well regarded pickups. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Oh Marlin, the Compton's sold, sorry. 
    £250....I may have to re advertise the pickups !! ;)
    One boost more, before the parts drawer
    Seems Thomann do a cheap version new so no point trying to get my cash back on these! 
    Parts drawer full of parts and I don't think Thomann are USA made and that matters immensely doesn't it? So back up for sale. £120
    edited July 2023
    Up...
    Up Up
    Trade B6 or TV Jones Powertron/classic plus?? 
    I take it these will not fit a solid body guitar?
    edited August 2023
    @lovestrat74 ;; they may well do, they don't have the slug mechanism like Dynasonics, so don't need a larger cavity underneath. 
    They're flat mounts...Gretsch use a riser on the archtops. These have compression rubber double side taped to the underside
    cowmoo said:
    @lovestrat74 ;; they may well do, they don't have the slug mechanism like Dynasonics, so don't need a larger cavity underneath. 
    They're flat mounts...Gretsch use a riser on the archtops. These have compression rubber double side taped to the underside
    Ok thanks. I'll have a think.. Out of interest would you be interested in a trade for some Oil City HB sized filtertron pups? 
    If they look like Filtertrons and have the screw mount through the pick up as trons do then yes maybe I would.  
    I had put T Armonds in my Phoenix and never got on with them. I got these DeArmonds off eBay from a fella I know over at Gretsch talk, I liked them better but I prefer trons. 
    cowmoo said:
    If they look like Filtertrons and have the screw mount through the pick up as trons do then yes maybe I would.  
    I had put T Armonds in my Phoenix and never got on with them. I got these DeArmonds off eBay from a fella I know over at Gretsch talk, I liked them better but I prefer trons. 
    They have ears like a HB.