Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). £100 for purple. Seriously? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

£100 for purple. Seriously?

What's Hot
relic245relic245 Frets: 822
edited June 2023 in FX
Just had and email from pmt.

They have ltd edition hx stomp pedals in at £639.

Regular stomp is £529.

Even the stomp xl is £549

Do people seriously pay over a hundred quid for a different colour pedal?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Only if it's sparkly blue. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • How purple is it?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Are they claiming Prince or Danish Peter connections for the additional cash?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Ltd edition - they will sell
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    I generally prefer the original colour that pedals are released in. But there are people who will pay extra for a special/limited edition colour. 

I haven’t checked but I bet there is a ‘hype’ video on YouTube already!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 825
    edited June 2023
    "a fool and his money are easily parted"
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445

Would be more interested if they did a limited edition increased DSP version that didn’t run out of steam after one poly pitch effect.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    relic245 said:

You must be new to this pedal lark.  ;)

I'd wager that a significant number of pedals are bought and sold on the back of whether or not they look good on instagram. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    I got a white one new for £429, I think my mate got a red one cheaper than the black. It’s a great bit of kit but I only paid £625 for a Helix LT!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    relic245 said:
    Just had and email from pmt.

They have ltd edition hx stomp pedals in at £639.

Regular stomp is £529.

Even the stomp xl is £549

Can you pay £500 quid extra to have someone make it look all smashed up for you?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • For an analog stompbox I'd pay premium for a ltd edition. But for a multi fx? Nope. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I don't understand the collector mentality either.
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1521
    For an analog stompbox I'd pay premium for a ltd edition.

For components that cost pennies, and R&D that involved a quick google for a 30+ year old schematic.

We are a funny old bunch, aren't we?
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    mrkb said:
    Are they claiming Prince or Danish Peter connections for the additional cash?
    Whoopi Goldberg 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    DannyP said:

For components that cost pennies, and R&D that involved a quick google for a 30+ year old schematic.

That's a long way short of what it takes and costs to run even a small pedal-making business. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sporky said:
    DannyP said:

That's a long way short of what it takes and costs to run even a small pedal-making business. 
    Yeah, I'm well aware of that, and I wouldn't have a pop at builders.

That was more a comment on what we're sentimental about in terms of design. A DSP pedal that post-grad software engineers spent a lot of time developing wouldn't get us nearly as dewy-eyed as a tweaked tonebender or whatever.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    DannyP said:
    Sporky said:
    DannyP said:

That was more a comment on what we're sentimental about in terms of design. A DSP pedal that post-grad software engineers spent a lot of time developing wouldn't get us nearly as dewy-eyed as a tweaked tonebender or whatever.
    I'm in agreement. The digital pedals require absolute expertise with the way they are going (e.g. extremely complex).

Both types of pedal are on my radar, but the last ten years has seen some amazing digital innovation.
    DannyP said:
    Sporky said:
    DannyP said:

Ah, gotcha. Sorry! 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 822
    edited June 2023
    Sporky said:
    DannyP said:
    Sporky said:
    DannyP said:

Ah, gotcha. Sorry! 
    I'm not sure you're allowed to say sorry on this forum. 

I'm sure that I read that listening to what someone says, and possibly changing your stance if they make a good point, or you misunderstood,  goes against article 23.

I think you're supposed to attack the person who disagreed with you, question their sanity and their parentage**

** the short version of this for those in a hurry is simpy: knobhead!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Oops. Sorry.

Ooops. Knobhead? 

Sorry. 

ARGH. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    relic245 said:
    Sporky said:
    DannyP said:
    Sporky said:
    DannyP said:

Ah, gotcha. Sorry! 
    I'm not sure you're allowed to say sorry on this forum. 

I'm sure that I read that listening to what someone says, and possibly changing your stance if they make a good point, or you misunderstood,  goes against article 23.

I think you're supposed to attack the person who disagreed with you, question their sanity and their parentage**

** the short version of this for those in a hurry is simpy: knobhead!
    Well spotted @relic245 ;I did make a slight knobhead move there to be fair. I pivoted my position a bit between post 1 and 2, so sorry for that.

I did genuinely mean post 1 to reflect more on how we perceive things as players/buyers rather than commenting on pedal builder pricing policies. That's why I wrote "We are a funny old bunch, aren't we?" in post 1, which didn't make it into the quote above.

Anyhoo, as you were. Apologies, have a nice day all :)
    Let's never fight again! :) 
  • DannyP said:
    For an analog stompbox I'd pay premium for a ltd edition.

We are a funny old bunch, aren't we?
    We are indeed, and only reason that i would prefer a ltd edition stompbox over a multi fx one is the resale value. Nothing else. No matter how limited a digital multi fx unit is, it's value will dive bomb as soon as the next best thing comes along. But because people prefer analog, the word "vintage" gets associated to them eventually. Not all, but definitely more so than digital stuff. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Only £20 dearer now :)
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715

Can you pay £500 quid extra to have someone make it look all smashed up for you?
    That's a good point. Why are there no factory relic'd pedals?

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    Devil#20 said:

That's a good point. Why are there no factory relic'd pedals?
    I'd be really surprised if there weren't any. 
    I used to do relic pedals. It was easier than making them look nice. 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 822
    So the purple hx stomp now reduced from £639 to £549.

The email said "you asked, we listened wo we have dropped the price"

I read that as : we tried so shaft you but you didn't fall for it so now we're selling it for what it should have been in the first place.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter