Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). UK Pink Floyd Experience - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

UK Pink Floyd Experience

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4843
edited June 2023 in Music
This tribute band are playing at the Arts Center in our County town this Sunday. Anyone here play in this band?  My wife, some family members and myself will be there. Wish you were here......
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    I have never been at a Pink Floyd concert but if last nights performance by UKPFE in Mullingar is even close to the real thing, I can understand why fans fly half way around the world to see them. An amazing show and well worth the effort going if the show plays your town. 

Guitars, basses and keys aplenty. Mind blowing FX pedalboards and the ability to use the equipment to get the sound that is close to the recorded sounds of Pink Floyd. A nice touch was the dedication of Wish You Were Here to Christy Dignan (Aslan) who passed away this week. 

The good news is that the band are booked to play Mullingar again some time next year. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Never heard them but I'd happily go along if they played near enough
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    edited June 2023
    If they ever (again?) cross the pond, check out The Machine. https://www.themachinelive.com/ The defacto US-based Pink Floyd cover band. I used to see them every year around XMas at BB Kings in NYC. Sadly the frontman/heart of the band Joe Pascarell has passed away, but I imagine they are still a great performance. They were always much more about the music than the sensory "experience", which was why I loved seeing them live. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited June 2023
    My musical collaborator lavishes praise on the Australian Pink Floyd. He has seen them three or four times. David Gilmour hired them to perform at his fiftieth birthday bash. TAPF will be touring the UK in October, November and December.

EDIT
    I often curse tours like this for not coming anywhere near where I live.

Fair play to TAPF. They will appear at a venue one hour's drive away BUT the tickets are almost a hundred quid each for the ones nowhere near the stage. My ticket to see The Wall at Earl's Court cost £8.50.
    Be seeing you.