Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Otis Grand - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Otis Grand

GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Oh I hadn’t seen that before, this is sad news. Otis was a pre-eminent figure on the British blues scene in the 90s, a regular in guitar magazines and he worked with many American artists. I have a few CDs that he is on and I saw him live at The Bear (pub mostly famous for where Frank Skinner and Alan Davies started their careers)probably about 1995. He was very much a player interested in classic electric blues and the RnB roots and not a blues-rocker. I don’t know a lot about him other than he was Lebanese and lived in the USA before moving to the U.K. If you like Otis Rush, Albert King,etc, he was wonderful at that kind of playing. 
    RIP
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Just saw the header and my first thought was 'I'd forgotten all about him' - I think I have one CD so can't say I'm an avid listener - But what I've heard I like - I dare say he is like many artists that there probably is not a enough time in the day to listen to all we like - But equally we miss so much good material by not giving them more air time 

So I'm going to have a look at what I can find on a play list and get acquainted with some more material 

RIP 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    Apparently he was a good guy. Very supportive to a friend of mine who was trying to get a blues band off the ground.