Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Jimi Hendrix’s “Red House”: The Story of a Song - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Jimi Hendrix’s “Red House”: The Story of a Song

What's Hot
JasOJasO Frets: 93
Today's post in my Talking Guitar online magazine is a highly detailed account of the creation of Jimi Hendrix's blues masterpiece, "Red House." This includes song-specific quotes gathered during my interviews with Al Hendrix, Billy Cox, Joe Satriani, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and others, as well as from a highly detailed letter bassist Noel Redding, who played on both studio versions, sent me about the first "Red House" session at CBS Studios in London. At 3,300 words and with several embedded musical links, it's too long to post here, but you can experience it for free via this link:

Hope you like it! 

#JimiHendrix #RedHouse #JimiHendrixExperience
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• pumkinpumkin Frets: 132
    edited June 2023
    Interesting article...thanks for sharing..... The  live version on the original issue of the Hendrix in the West album is for me the ultimate....the playing is so fluid and tone to die for..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    One of my favourite Jimi songs. Definitely top 5. Looking forward to reading this and re-visiting some live versions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Brilliant - really looking forward to reading this.  It's my ringtone, it's one of my fave JH tracks and one of the first songs I learned to play when I bought my first electric.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter