Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sheeran S-01 - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sheeran S-01

What's Hot
Looking for something small bodied to use at the occasional jam session or open mic night, owned a Taylor GS mini some years ago and found the body a bit on the big side.
 Anyone using a Sheeran, I’ve heard the setup is not great out of the box, although I don’t mind having to sort out the nut and saddle myself, any comments from owners would be good.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I have played a couple just for interest. They are overpriced, cheap guitars, if you get my meaning. Buy a similar Chinese made guitar for half the price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 226
    I have played a couple just for interest. They are overpriced, cheap guitars, if you get my meaning. Buy a similar Chinese made guitar for half the price.
    I had a feeling this might be the case, had a rethink and I’m off to look at an old Tak on Monday.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sigma,Vintage,even Prs parlour are not bad.I’ve played all three over the years not bad value and do the job.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3115
    The little Gretsches are good fun
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    I owned 2 sheeran one was returned and the other one quickly sold, they may look nice buy you're getting a near unplayable horrible feeling and naf sounding guitar, both had an action asking to a 70s kay, please stay away 
  • GTCGTC Frets: 241
    I think the message has come across loud and clear hear - but I'll add to it. The W01 I briefly had (after a long initial wait) was the worst built guitar I've ever come across and I quickly moved it on (following a full professional left-handed conversion). The nut width is also narrower than a standard Lowden, although you wouldn't think so from the specs. Having said that, the action (after a set-up) and tone were not that bad. Overhyped and overpriced though. There are much better and cheaper parlours around.

I was particularly impressed by an Eastman parlour. You could get a lovely Terry Pack parlour on the 2nd hand market cheaper than a new Sheeran.
  • GTC said:
    I think the message has come across loud and clear hear - but I'll add to it. The W01 I briefly had (after a long initial wait) was the worst built guitar I've ever come across and I quickly moved it on (following a full professional left-handed conversion). The nut width is also narrower than a standard Lowden, although you wouldn't think so from the specs. Having said that, the action (after a set-up) and tone were not that bad. Overhyped and overpriced though. There are much better and cheaper parlours around.

I was particularly impressed by an Eastman parlour. You could get a lovely Terry Pack parlour on the 2nd hand market cheaper than a new Sheeran.
    I agree, the Eastman parlour is the way to go.
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 226
    Thanks for all the replies, had a complete rethink on this and I’m going to go another route.