Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Watkins 33 guitar wiring help. - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Watkins 33 guitar wiring help.

Can anyone help me sort out the wiring on a Watkins rapier 33?. 

Currently there is  output of all 3 pickups when I push the selector switch towards the neck position ( cuts in and out when I move the grey wire)  - in the back position  there is no output.  Strangely for a 3 pickup guitar it a 2 way selector switch (is this correct?). 

The wiring looks to be all original apart from the wiring on the selector switch which looks like newer solder. 

Also need to source pickup height adjustment screws. 

Any help would be appreciated 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Two-way neck/both/bridge selector switch is correct. The centre pickup is blended in parallel via the central control pot.

Check that each pickup gives a DC Resistance meter reading before blaming the wiring. 

All of the electronic components should be considered fragile and unreliable until proven otherwise.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Two-way neck/both/bridge selector switch is correct. The centre pickup is blended in parallel via the central control pot.

Check that each pickup gives a DC Resistance meter reading before blaming the wiring. 

All of the electronic components should be considered fragile and unreliable until proven otherwise.
    Thanks all the pickups give a reading but was confused by the two way switch..

So does each position on the two select either neck or bridge pickup ? 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    The toggle selects between neck/both/bridge.

One of the two-way slider switches adds the centre pickup.

The other two-way slider switch is a Bass Cut "strangle" switch à la Fender Jaguar.
    Be seeing you.