Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Boss repairs? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Boss repairs?

What's Hot
markabmarkab Frets: 6
Hi - does anyone know of anyone who would be able to repair a BOSS CE-1 in the UK? 
many thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    @ICBM is one of our gurus :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    What happened to @juansolo?
    He hasn't been around for ages.
  • I'm following this thread.  I've got a CS-3 that needs looking at as well.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    edited June 2023
    sgosden said:
    @ICBM is one of our gurus lol 
    Sadly I’m not doing repair work any more - I had a drastic change of job and I don’t really have the time now.

Still always happy to advise if I can :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ewalewal Frets: 2359
    I used Martin Owen aka Owen Electronics to get a couple of pedals fixed. It was a few years ago but think he's still around. He did a good job and although my memory is sketchy, I think the cost was fair. Not sure how you contact him though.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 486
    CCGX have repaired vintage Boss pedals for me. 
  • markabmarkab Frets: 6
    ok thanks for the suggestions
    the basic jist with the fault is a very crackly hi/low switch but that wasn't too much of an issue if I didn't mess with it much. Lately it just seems to have no effect come through it, cannot detect any changes in tone when engaged so not sure what's gone on!
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1772
    Sassafras said:
    What happened to @juansolo?
    He hasn't been around for ages.

I stick my head around the door every now and if I'm @'ed I get a notification. But we've flipped to vintage electronics/computers and we're kinda busy with that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Do Soundgas repair these ?
  • My CE-1 has developed a fault, constant noise when when on. It’s not unbearable but considerably more than it used to have, i.e. it’s not how it should be.

Someone else has also recommended Sound Gas to me. I see Hamstead also do a repair service.

@markab I’d be interested to know how you get on.
    Soundgas replied to me and no longer offer this service
    Is Hamstead the amp repair place?
  • That’s a shame. Maybe people/companies that repair and service vintage synths will be able to help. I’ll let you know if I have any luck too.

Here is a link to info about Hamstead’s repair service:

https://www.hamsteadsoundworks.com/repairs-and-servicing
  • @markab did you get your CE-1 repaired? I still haven’t had mine repaired but am interested if you have had any luck.
    no sadly still not repaired :dissapointed: 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    I have been known to do repairs.

DM me with details and I'll let you know if I can help.

R.