Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Yairi guitars - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Yairi guitars

What's Hot
Getting some quite serious gas. Anyone any views. I have a shot at a DYM60HD a couple of years old or an older 2006 model signed by Mr Yairi himself. The HD has the infamous 50 year old mahogany and the 2006 is vintage? rosewood. Any thoughts much appreciated. Brexit and VAT are a real bargain killer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• bugilemanbugileman Frets: 54
    From my experience the older K.Yairi from the late 1970s were excellent. I've played not played newer ones to know to be honest. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Never owned one but would be very happy to. Stellar reputations seldom turn up undeserved.
  • Thanks guys, so little info about them

The original under-the-radar Japanese guitar, it seems. 
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 262
    A pal of mine loves them, especially the older signed models signed by K Yairi himself.
    ( not to be confused with the S Yairi guitars btw )

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3115
    Amazing guitars, every one Ive played. Dont forget Yiari built the 90s Washburn acoustics which can be found for £200
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ^ But which Yiari?
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1513
    edited June 2023
    I've had a couple of K Yairi small bodied guitars. A Rag65 and G1f. Both excellent particularly the Rag . I believe he mostly used laminate back and sides except for on his masterwork guitars. Not your typical laminate though...

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471627
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    There are two Yairi types and I reckon a few people don't know the difference between the two.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    I saw quite a few in Japan this Spring. IIRC, the ones with the funky-looking bridge were laminate b/s. Didn't try any though.

Definitely heard the early ones mentioned in glowing terms.