Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Astrud Gilberto - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Astrud Gilberto

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
Breathy vocals will never be the same ... RIP Astrud :'(
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    edited June 2023 tFB Trader
    Girl From Ipanema - One of my most favourite songs ever - and what a soft/seductive voice - I try to play it to reflect a) her voice and b) to describe all the curves, contours and tanned body of a gorgeous girl walking alongside a nice beach in Brazil, as they sway along to that latin groove - My version is more like Vera Duckworth, wearing towelling leggings, walking alongside Blackpool beach on a cloudy windy day in November

Then that solo by Stan Getz - wonderful

RIP Astrud - And what a memory to leave behind - I'm going to play it again now
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdaFQhS86E

no need to say anything else
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
    Sad news, but it does remind me of the fact that my favourite guitarist, the long departed Emily Remler, was the guitarist in her band at one time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1865
    My favourite

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    What a shame. 

There was a very good article about he I read very recently. She was a fine performer, but was not treated terribly well by the recording industry and certain people she encountered- Getz among them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Only just found out - Girl from Ipanema - 2nd most recorded song by various artist