Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB Kids Bike - Misc £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB Kids Bike

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
in Misc £ tFB Trader
A long shot, but it worked before. 

I bought a Secondhand Isla CNOC 16 a few years ago and it's been brilliant for teaching my daughter and now my son to ride, however it is now too small for them and as such I need something new. I bought my 10 year old daughter an inexpensive new bike, but being steel it's horribly heavy so I'd like to get my son a decent alloy one like a Frog or Isla, but they are very expensive new. 

So anyone got a decent lightweight bike for an 8 year old boy they want to sell?

I can collect within a decent radius of Suffolk if you can't post it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    Are there any kids cycling clubs in your area? The one near me almost always has a few decent bikes on sale as they’re outgrown. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Not that I can find.

The only hire places seem to be day hire or the John Lewis one but that's about £20 / month
  • stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 6759
    We’ve been really impressed with the Halfords Wiggins bikes. Great spec and lightweight.

At that age you’ll be looking for the Chartres 24 - they seem to go for around £125 in good condition. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AirmilesAirmiles Frets: 16
    I have a Giant ATX 24 in good condition looking for a new home https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/arx-24

It's pretty much on par with the Islabikes we had before - they seem to be priced approx 200 on eBay.

However... I'm in Twickenham which isn't that convenient for Suffolk, I'd imagine.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Airmiles said:
    I have a Giant ATX 24 in good condition looking for a new home https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/arx-24

It's pretty much on par with the Islabikes we had before - they seem to be priced approx 200 on eBay.

However... I'm in Twickenham which isn't that convenient for Suffolk, I'd imagine.

Unfortunately too far away from me.
  • AirmilesAirmiles Frets: 16
    Not to worry - hopefully it's given you another option to try - there's several on fleabay at the moment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter