Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Venue rant - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Venue rant

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4314
I went to the Crescent in York last night, which is a pretty small venue holding 300 people.  The band were brilliant.

What slightly spoiled the evening for me was the twats off their heads on various drugs standing in front of me, oblivious to the fact that there was no room there, and behaving like the twats they are - swaying wildly and out of time, spiling beer constantly, being out of order with female attendees, apologizing for being twats every two minutes and generally just being unsociable cunts.

And being in their own little world and pissing everybody elde off.  Is it still 1970?  I thought things had changed a bit.
Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    "Bliss in that dawn it was to be alive
    But to be young was very heaven."

… or not.

Deck 'em. They probably will not feel a thing and will wake in the morning unable to remember what happened.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited June 2023
    I went and saw young band the other week in a small venue. Their parents were there and they were the worst behaved people I think I've ever seen in a small venue like that

edit: I mean the parents were
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    I went to see Grove Street last week - a great hardcore band from Southampton -m playing at my favourite venue, The Joiners. 
    The band themselves were fantastic, but the night was ‘almost’ ruined by nut job crowd killers.   Seriously, if you want to hurt other people, get in a ring and do it.  
    It can’t be long before venues stop booking hardcore bands or just start throwing these morons out.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 476

This place, is coming like a ghost town
    Bands won't play no more
    Too much fighting on the dance floor

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3238
    edited June 2023
    Would be great if venues did start throwing out disruptive punters. I was at a Willie Watson gig pre-covid that was almost ruined by a drunken arse who thought we all wanted to hear him sing more than the headline act. At an acoustic show someone singing along at full pelt, totally out of tune is a nightmare. 
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1067
    edited June 2023
    Finding a great vantage point in a packed venue to watch a band - and somebody in front decides to hold up their smart phone and subsequently film the ENTIRE gig once the band walk on.

We eventually had to move to the back... but could still see this tool's illuminated screen front and centre. 
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    edited June 2023
    Thinking about it, the worst that ever happened to me was at a dead fancy Roy Harper gig that was being filmed at Metropolis Studios in Chiswick.  This took place in a studio which was full with only about sixty people in it.

The audience had all been told about no smartphones or face instant death; no people with white hair or bald (most of them) sitting in the front four rows as it messed with the lighting; no eating or drinking when the filming was going on, so we were well briefed.

Unfortunately, no-one expected a pretty pissed up Irishman to start singing along at the top of his voice to every song and having to be shushed every few minutes.  You can hear it on the recording to this day
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jo-to-poJo-to-po Frets: 120
    edited June 2023
    I just don't bother going to most* gigs anymore. If it isn't someone stood directly in front of you holding up their phone with the screen brightness on 100% it's someone chatting loudly with their mates and if it isn't that it's just arseholes like the ones in the OP.

*Try talking during a Sunn o))) show, fuckheads.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The entitlement is thru the roof these days. 

I love going to a Sunn O))) show : nobody can do anything but watch. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    The thought of spending a small fortune to go to a gig where I'm 100 yards away from the stage, watching the gig on a screen 100 yards away whilst people around me don't seem to understand that I paid that small fortune to hear the band and not their tuneless assault on the artist's work, paying way too much for a drink, and all the while enjoying the venue's shitty acoustics just doesn't appeal any more.