Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Rose City Band - tonight only - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Rose City Band - tonight only

rlwrlw Frets: 4314
If you are in Brighton, go see this band at Patterns (whatever that is).

Saw them last night in York.  Country pyschedelic rock mixed in with Neil Young, Allman Brothers, Yes (via Wally) and Gram Parsons and the Grateful Dead and a bit of Hank too.

Truly extraordinary blast from the past and future at the same time.  And some very nice guitar and pedal steel playing.  I have never seen one whole set played on the middle setting of a Strat alone, but with the effects added, its just giant Americana soundscapes all round.

Go.
Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    rlw said:
    … and a bit of Hank too …
    Marvin or Wangford?
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    Williams :-) The original!
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    They sound like my ideal live band.  I'm a MASSIVE Gram fan, adore Neil Young, Hank and the Allmans so this will be right up my street.

Whilst we're on the topic, any love here for The Rockingbirds from the early '90s?  I absolutely adored their first album and still play it regularly.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    If you go on youtube, their latest album is on there complete and uninterrupted.  I suspect the eothers are as well.

Give it a whirl =)

I'd forgotten the Rockingbirds.  They were rather good weren't they.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 598
    edited June 2023
    I saw them at the Scala, Kings Cross a few weeks ago, they've definitely upped their game from the tour last year, really great band.

At one point they were all heads down, all totally lost in the music

This was from their Amsterdam gig...