Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Elton John Live - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Elton John Live

What's Hot
mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537
Went to see him last night in Manchester , never been a huge fan but Mrs really likes him. 
Bloody great gig, his voice might be going, but any of us would be happy to pull that off at 76 yr old. 

and his guitarist Davey Johnstone is cracking. Been a long wait ( we bought to tickets in like 2019 ) but worth the wait. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3115
    Theres an LA gig on amazon from last year that I put on for a laugh a few weeks ago and it was incredible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    Top 3 Elton? My favs:

Honky Cat
    Bennie and the Jets
    I’m still standing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 206
    Look up the live album 17-11-70.

He’s a rare talent is EJ.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    ^ It's like Elton John as performed by Norman Collier.

Guido Fawkes on Twitter The Starmerbot Goes Silent  httpstcojWU0ovry4Z httpstcoOBNv2FIcoB  Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    I’m not joking when I say that EJ got me through lockdown with his beautiful rendition of I’m dill dandin….There’s not a stand up comic in history that has made me belly laugh as much….
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537
    A Dacia on ma mind  =)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    I saw him twice in the early 2000s when he played Wembley. The voice was ok then but the band and sound were fabulous and then there's those songs! 

I agree, Davey Johnstone is a fine guitarist and his rhythm work is fantastic. Given his folk background, I think I once read that until he joined EJ, he'd never played electric guitar, only acoustic.

He'll go down a storm at Glastonbury and it's a good time to end while he can still pull off a show.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    tone1 said:
    I’m not joking when I say that EJ got me through lockdown with his beautiful rendition of I’m dill dandin….There’s not a stand up comic in history that has made me belly laugh as much….
    My brother did the same, he loves that video.
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 290
    Saw him live in the mid to late 80s. A cliche probably, but I loved his early stuff (70s primarily) and was less interested in what came after that. Anyway, my girlfriend at the time was a fan, so we got tickets. Have to say, I was mightily impressed. The voice, the piano playing, the stage presence, all excellent. Years later, I read an interview with him where he explained he was so stoned during that period that he has no recollection of the tour!