Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Roadie tuner for alternate tunings? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Roadie tuner for alternate tunings?

What's Hot
marxskimarxski Frets: 201
Anyone tried one of these? Any good or are they as popular as the Robot tuners Gibson did?

https://www.roadiemusic.com/roadie2
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited May 2023
    not personally, but Im sure someone was "talking" about them on here  "fairly" recently..........................so you should get an actual "helpful" response  :) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Never tried one myself. But then I tend not to use alternate tunings, I have enough difficulty getting my brain around one standard tuning, never mind other ones as well. 

Back when I used to play a little slide I used to have one guitar per tuning. Easy that way.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    Tannin said:
    Never tried one myself. But then I tend not to use alternate tunings, I have enough difficulty getting my brain around one standard tuning, never mind other ones as well. 

Back when I used to play a little slide I used to have one guitar per tuning. Easy that way.  :)
    Expensive though! ; )
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited June 2023
    All you need is a tuner to get a single string (say 5th) up to preferred pitch. I don't see why the other strings can't be tuned relative to that by ear.