Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). HX stomp as IR loader - Delay self oscillating problem - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

HX stomp as IR loader - Delay self oscillating problem

What's Hot
Given my new love for delay (see other deluxe memory man appreciation post) I could do with some help with a new problem.

I have just tried using my HX Stomp as an IR loader.  Chain is guitar - big foot king fuzz - Thorpy team medic - Timmy - revival drive compact - HX stomp.

In the stomp I have a modulation, eq and delay block. This goes via the Send to the front of my amp. 

I attenuate the amp with a fryette PS2A. I then come back from either the line out on the amp or the line out in the Fryette via the return jack on the stomp and have an IR and room reverb which go via a DI box to front of house. 

When doing this the delay seems to self oscillate. It doesn’t do that at the same settings when not routing to use the stomp as an IR loader. 

I have the mix on the return block set to 100% and all ins/outs are set to instrument level.

Any ideas on how to stop it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    A buffer before the fuzz or before the Stomp ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 315
    A buffer before the fuzz or before the Stomp ?
    The fuzz is buffered as is the revival drive which is last in the chain before the Stomp
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927

can you do a picture of the signal chain? sounds like you've got the paths getting mixed somehow?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter