Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Somewhat hesitant NGD... - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Somewhat hesitant NGD...

What's Hot
ShadowShadow Frets: 58
edited May 2023 in Acoustics
...as I'm not keen to out myself as supporting the destruction of the rainforests, but as we don't all have the resources to commission guitars made from reclaimed church pews, and NGDs don't come along very often, so here goes albeit with a bit of the shine taken off...

My new Eastman (aargh!) E1 OOSS-SB arrived today from Mak's Guitars (exemplary service from Mak as usual). I wanted a small-bodied guitar to throw in the car when we go away for breaks and as has often been said, the Eastman E1/E2 ranges offer as good value to quality as anything out there. I wasn't sure about the 1.72" nut, but having tried the E10 and E20 versions recently I was happy I'd be ok with which jag proved to be the case.

It's a lovely instrument, well-balanced across the strings with a very nice tone, and set up very well. The gig bag it comes in is good quality too, plenty of padding.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nh6byCeEvjuKHRpp6
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• There's no doubt, Eastman make some very fine instruments at a reasonable price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    I've been looking at Mak's guitars after recommendation on here - looks a really good shop, great reviews. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShadowShadow Frets: 58
    I've been looking at Mak's guitars after recommendation on here - looks a really good shop, great reviews. 
    This is the second time I've bought from Mak. Nothing but the highest praise for him, nothing is too much trouble.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    Looks really nice.

Bag looks quality too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Looks really nice.

Bag looks quality too. 
    Yep, guitar and bag are both top quality.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    it was great when it was Ivors,  and still is under the new ownership
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    That's lovely  =)
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 59
    Glad you got hold of one, it looks great
    It is a lovely looking thing. It took a while to get, just about everyone was sold out almost as soon as they came in. I think only Mak and Windmill have them in stock at the moment.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Ignoring the issue regarding the use of non-sustainable tonewoods for a momemt, Eastman acoustics possibly offer best bang for the buck acoustics out there. Build quality and tone are both superb and will easily go head to head against much more expensive guitars. That'll sound great for the mid-rangey blues stuff. HNGD. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Devil#20 said:
    That'll sound great for the mid-rangey blues stuff. HNGD. 
    It actually sounds great in all styles, I'm surprised how good the bass is.
    I've added a few pictures of the inside for those who are interested in that kind of thing.

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Shadow said:
    I've added a few pictures of the inside for those who are interested in that kind of thing.

The mahogany back on that is georgeous. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

Devil#20 said:
    Shadow said:

The mahogany back on that is georgeous. 
    It's actually sapele but it is lovely.