Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). P90 Rings or fitting adapters - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

P90 Rings or fitting adapters

Building a P90 neck guitar and do not really want to use a scratch guard if possible. Due to the tight radius on the 4 corners it would mean me buying another router bit that I would probably only use once. Looking for a nice ring to use to hide my dodgy routing but finding one for a P90 seems to be impossible find. Anyone know where something like a chrome surround could be sourced from.
Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    I recently bought one of those humbucker-to-single-coil adapter plates to go on a '61 style SG copy. Just enlarge the pickup aperture to P90 dimensions.

Filter'Tron surrounds would be another starting point.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1246
    You could use dogear covers. Alternatively for soapbars, I've just used a round file to make the corner radius a little bigger. Now i use a carving bit on a dremel to make it a bit quicker.