Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Gibson Hummingbird 1960 - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Gibson Hummingbird 1960

What's Hot
RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 206
My GAS is telling me £4999 might be acceptable for one of these. My better judgement is telling me that’s ridiculous. I do prefer the richer colour on the 1960s models to the light orange (“cherry”) standard and the thermally aged top seems like a worthy gimmick.

Is anyone who’s played a 1960 fixed bridge ‘bird able to comment on quality?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Not played a 1960 one but I've owned three, one a True Vintage.

They really are good. But if I was,after one today, I'd go s/h to keep the price down.

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 152
    Crikey, I sold my original 63 for less than 5k a few years ago. It had the classic bright sunburst. What was I on at the time? Also it had the plastic bridge with ceramic saddle, and they always sound good, although the top can go a bit wobbly around it as there's nothing glued down on it at that point. I must have been mad. Apart from my remorse, if you are talking about a new/nearly new one, I say try before you buy.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter