Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tommy Emmanuel UK tour Jan 2024 ft. Molly Tuttle (!) - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Tommy Emmanuel UK tour Jan 2024 ft. Molly Tuttle (!)

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10231
Tickets go on sale this Weds 24th May @ 10am

I want to go but at the same time acknowledge that I may never want to pick up a guitar again afterwards 

https://tommyemmanuel.com/tour/
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 752
    Wow.
    That’s a ‘stick everything on eBay when you get home’ gig.
    Both incredible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Wow.
    Both incredible.
    Either that or buy more pedals!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    roberty said:
    Wow.
    Both incredible.
    Either that or buy more pedals!
    Even with my delay set to infinite quick repeats and me playing at top speed, Tommy still has more notes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Mrs Tannin and I have tickets for Friday night in Hobart. No Molly, just Tommy. 
    Tannin said:
    Mrs Tannin and I have tickets for Friday night in Hobart. No Molly, just Tommy. 
    Amazing. Have a great time, I'm sure you will
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Thanks for the heads up - that’s a great double header or whatever the words are 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 4979
    Coming to Exeter as well!! 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    mgaw said:
    Coming to Exeter as well!! 
    Yep , I’ll be up for that one if you are about Mark
    Yep let’s do that @DrCornelius you want to grab 2 tickets as I am mega busy over the next 4 or 5 days?  
    mgaw said:
    Yep let’s do that @DrCornelius you want to grab 2 tickets as I am mega busy over the next 4 or 5 days?  
    I was planning on convincing @JerkMoans and  @dazzajl to give it a go so give me a day to convince them and I’ll get 4 tickets and we can have a bit of an evening of it :-)
    Excellent news Con 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    mgaw said:
    I was planning on convincing @JerkMoans and  @dazzajl to give it a go so give me a day to convince them and I’ll get 4 tickets and we can have a bit of an evening of it :-)
    Convinced :)
    dazzajl said:
    mgaw said:
    Convinced :)
    Perfect, I’ll WhatsApp His Honour now and then get buying 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    Thanks for the heads up. Just booked to see him at Shrewsbury on Jan 24th. Keep your eye on the classifieds on the 25th.
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Tickets booked for Exeter @mgaw , @dazzajl ;

Hold onto your hats , this is the middle aged version of Motörhead at Hammersmith .

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Excellent news I will dig out my old flares 
  • Seymour1Seymour1 Frets: 84
    @roberty ; Well spotted - wis duly awarded. Now booked for Cadogan Hall. I've seen Tommy quite a few times (always excellent) and wanted to see Molly Tuttle but not had chance to do so
    Lytham booked.
    Oh yes.
    Nice one cheers @Seymour1 ;

I tried to book a ticket for Bath but the payment didn't go through. Then 10 minutes later I got a load of payment notifications. So I may have some cleaning up to do. I'll just go on my own if I do, can't imagine any of my friends would be interested at the price

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
    Molly Tuttle is awesome, may see you there! 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    roberty said:
    Nice one cheers @Seymour1 ;

I tried to book a ticket for Bath but the payment didn't go through. Then 10 minutes later I got a load of payment notifications. So I may have some cleaning up to do. I'll just go on my own if I do, can't imagine any of my friends would be interested at the price

My wife want interested in a night away in Bath if she had to come along too :(
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Nothing on my side of the Severn Bridge. :frown: TE usually plays Cardiff.
    Be seeing you.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    His Hobart concert was last night. Mrs Tannin and I enjoyed it a great deal, as did everyone else there.

He is an extraordinary player, so clean and his tone never falters even on the most ridiculously difficult bits, but he always maintains focus on the music first - the awesome technique is there to serve a musical end. 

• BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 328
    Many thanks to @roberty for raising this.  I’ve bought tickets for Bath, for me and 4 friends.  What brilliant combination of artists this gig is.  Really looking forward to it.