Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PRS McCarty Singlecut 594 - £2850 - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PRS McCarty Singlecut 594 - £2850

JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 30
edited October 2023 in Guitars £

PRS says of these:

“The McCarty family of guitars is born from passion and precision: built passionately to embody vintage appointments and tone while utilizing the precision of PRS’s modern manufacturing techniques. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet single-coil sounds, the McCarty Singlecut 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty Singlecut 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.

The McCarty Singlecut 594 has been meticulously spec’d to deliver a familiar feel and warm, vintage tone, featuring a bound, 22-fret, 24.594” scale length Pattern Vintage neck, a slightly thicker back for enhanced tone and sustain, and 58/15 LT treble and bass pickups, which have been through the TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) process. 58/15 LT pickups offer exceptional clarity, focused midrange, and vintage character. The McCarty Singlecut 594 model is anchored by a zinc two-piece stoptail bridge with brass saddles and studs for added resonance and vintage-style tuners.

“One of my sayings is that everything that touches the string is God – well, that’s really the bridge, the nut, and the tuners. The updates to the McCarty family make a huge difference in their tone. The guitar sustains longer and the tone has more character,” said Paul Reed Smith.”

Plenty of pics here: https://reverb.com/uk/item/68991991-prs-mccarty-singlecut-594-2019-yellow-tiger ;

Any questions -  just ask.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 409
    Used to have a double cut 594 - brilliant guitar - but I always thought they would be better if they were single cut - then they brought them out!! Lovely guitar and very nice top on it - GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 731
    Lovely!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 30
    edited September 2023

edited September 2023

edited September 2023

edited September 2023

• I can speak to the quality of this guitar.

I know there are some here that poke fun at the PRS brand but, truth is, they do make some rather good guitars ;)

I was the first owner of this guitar but had to let it go for personal reasons along with a couple of other guitars that were sold through Sound Affects on commission (where I bought this guitar from, actually).

This is an exceptional guitar. It is the best "core" PRS that I have ever played/owned.

It does particularly excel at lead tones, and is no slouch in the rhythm department either. The coil splits provide flexibility, particularly for the gigging guitarist.

It was one of the first SC 594s to receive the revised PRS bridge (sloped saddles versus block saddles) and has the nitro finish that was introduced for the 594 range (amongst others) replacing V12 - a major improvement.

A hell of a lot of quality guitar for the money.

GLWS!
    Many thanks for your post. It's good to get an previous owner's thoughts on this one too.
    edited September 2023

edited September 2023

edited September 2023

edited September 2023

edited October 2023
    In two minds whether to sell.
  • Re-listed, as I play my PJE 96 & Strat much more often, and this is too good a guitar to be sat unplayed.
  • Any interest (in case I change my mind again)?