Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender acoustic - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender acoustic

What's Hot
dazzer22dazzer22 Frets: 40
edited May 2023 in Acoustics
Been looking at the  fender paramount had  a chance to try one out , I don't know much about fender acoustic guitars but they don't seem to have a lot of well know acoustic guitars compared to others , But the specs of this guitar are very high  compared to others for the price range ,  it is an all solid acoustic with case  for the price of  £500 give or take, it seems like a good deal! So it feels like Fender are pushing out this guitars to try and create a fan base  and maybe offering  more specs at a competitive price to others,  when you compare it to example - Epiphone J-200 which is a really good guitar but £300 more it doesn't  really feel better than the other , but being  inspired by Gibson and made in Korea rather and China could have more to do with that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 328
    My limited experience of Fender acoustics has been that they are poor.  The last one I tried was one of the small bodied ones, about 5 years ago.  Dreadful.  I’m very much a fan of Fender electrics, but their acoustics just tarnish the brand IMO.  At that price point I’m sure there are better options.  Yamaha, for example.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    All the Fender Paramounts I've played - three I think - have been really good guitars which are significantly better than their price range. Fender are very unjustly maligned as an acoustic guitar maker, I think partly because of snobbery over being an 'electric' brand, but also because some of their previous efforts have been a bit of just a cheap generic far-east guitar with a brand name attached. (And a few genuine turds, like their resonators.)

Conversely, I've never played a modern Epiphone acoustic I've actually liked or thought wasn't overpriced.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 595
    I tried them in a store in York last year. They looked very nice but I was not impressed with the tone.

As ever, Yamaha? Always worth a look to see if they have a match for what you're looking for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 270
    I was about to say my experience is as @BahHumbug wrote except I also found Yamaha to be not that good either. Walk round your local guitar shop and try a variety of acoustics, especially the lesser known brands as that is how I proved to myself that Fender and Yamaha’s logos do not automatically mean that their wood sounds better than others. I cannot recommend a make as it is a guitar by guitar difference, so go and find which guitars sing to you.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    the only Fender acoustics Ive ever played were those fucking horrid Dreads from the 90s, that were even more bomb proof than the late 60s Eros's   -  pretty sure they were made from 1/4" concrete and required as much strumming as a Takamine of the same era................  ie  you needed forearms like popeye and use a dinner plate as a pic to get any response from the top 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    I have a Fender Hellcat electro acoustic and love it. My go-to guitar, suits me perfectly.

It still sounds terrible, but that's my playing.

Looks good, feels good. 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/acoustic-dept/acoustic-guitars/dreadnought-acoustic-guitars/fender-tim-armstrong-hellcat-signature-electro-acoustic-guitar

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    I have a Squier by Fender Jumbo which must be around 15-20 years old by now and is made of laminate and has a glossy type finish,but it sounds superb. It's of no real value but it's an excellent guitar. I just bouggt a Fender concert size C60 for around 150 brand new and its not bad at all. I think fender are excellent value for money acoustic instruments.