Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I'm guessing this is impossible (piezo content). - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I'm guessing this is impossible (piezo content).

axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
Impossible and also a totally daft idea ...

OK, so many people hate piezo sounds. I'm not one of them, I like piezo sounds. I don't particularly think of it as an acoustic sound, more of its own thing. Anyway ...

I've wanted to get back to a piezo equipped guitar for some years now. My last one (Parker fly Deluxe) I gave away to one of my sons. I have had a Fishman powerbridge trem in my parts drawer for many years now, and I was planning on using that on my latest guitar build, however .... as is often the case with me, over the ensuing weeks of musing about the project it has morphed into something different. Specifically I am now making an aged guitar, and a shiny chrome 2 point trem won't look as good as an old 6 point one. 

I've looked around online and nobody seems to to a 'vintage' trem with piezo. I'm just wondering (and here's the daft idea!) If I can bastardise a piezo trem (not necessarily the powerbridge) and repurpose the gubbins into a more vintage style trem - 6 point and ideally bent saddles?

I realise that everyone with say dumb idea, but I'm just wondering if it could be done from an engineering perspective.

Also, some people will say just use a pedal, but I'm not a pedals person, I'm only interested in built in. 

Chance are that I will either use the powerbridge, or forget the piezo entirely for this guitar, but I thought I'd throw the question out ...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I don't think you'll be able to do it with bent saddles. You can add the Graphtech piezo saddles to all sorts, but they're black. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Just use the Powerbridge. It will give it that "pre-CBS Strat fitted with a Floyd Rose" 80s relic look :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson