Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Paramore - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Paramore

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
Must admit to never having paid much attention to the US pop-rock phenomenon that is Paramore before, despite their obvious success...

New song is on repeat for me though - if I like this is it worth delving into their older stuff??  Any fans present?

We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited May 2023
    Love them. Paramore is probably my favourite of theirs, but all the others are well worth a listen - particularly Riot! and After Laughter. 

We're missing them by a couple of days on our US trip in a couple of weeks - absolutely gutted. 

Hayley Williams' second solo album is also particularly great, though considerably more introspective than most Paramore stuff
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've never given them much attention but I really like the new album, some great hooks, the guitar playing and sound is great... like it a lot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    Coincidentally, I hadn't paid Paramore much attention until very recently, when I encoutered Youtube clips about their drummer (Zac Farro) and the snare sound on Riot.

I like what I've heard so far. I need to check out more of their stuff.

It's not a competition.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    One of my favorite bands. 

This song is especially good.

My singing teacher rated Hailey as one of the great female rock singers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    I watched a video of the new song on Jimmy Kimmel and thought she was a very controlled technical singer.

Ironically no doubt my wife dreams of doing that with my vinyl thats on a big shelf in the living room...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I watched a video of the new song on Jimmy Kimmel and thought she was a very controlled technical singer.

Ironically no doubt my wife dreams of doing that with my vinyl thats on a big shelf in the living room...

It's one of the things that has caused the band problems. 

As I understand it when they got signed the label signed her as a solo artist and made the band her employees with an objective of turning her into more of a pop starlet which they have always resisted. 

As I understand it when they got signed the label signed her as a solo artist and made the band her employees with an objective of turning her into more of a pop starlet which they have always resisted. 
    As a huge Wolf Alice fan, it often seems the band close ranks often to stop the label doing the same with Ellie given half a chance.

Even people who have never been signed... Mary Spender for example... was told to get anywhere she needed to put the guitar down...

Labels are pricks.
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1252
    Ain't it Fun is an all time fav of mine..
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Yeah she’s an utterly phenomenal singer

The rest of the band has been a hit of a revolving door at times but the music has stayed good so I don’t mind too much 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    Watch any live performance on YouTube. All fantastic.

New album a bit light on guitars (from what I remember) but well worth a listen.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Saw them recently at the O2 and wow. Sounded so good live. Haley has an amazing voice and is a great song writer. 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1896
    I’ve not really heard anything by Paramore, but Hayley Williams Tiny Desk during lockdown is an absolute gem.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/09/943962875/hayley-williams-tiny-desk-home-concert?jwsource=cl

• KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
    They went a bit too pop for me, but I like some of the older guitar based stuff like 'ignorance' and 'still into you' . Hayley is a belting singer.

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1024
    I loved their first 3 albums, esp the first two as I was playing in a similar style band (minus a female singer - we had a male one) in the same drop c# tuning. Then after that it got a bit too poppy/dancey and I kinda lost interest.

But no doubt a very good band and Hayley is an amazing singer.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3238
    I’d never heard of them until Justin H had ‘This is why’ on. That song is ridiculously hook-y, but the other tunes off that album didn’t grab me as much.
  • My band toured with Paramore back in 2006 on what was supposed to be a co-headline tour . I think Hayley was 15 at the time and had her dad on tour as a chaperone.

I didn’t watch them the first few nights of the tour, but vividly remember being in Newcastle and watching Paramore for the first time and being blown away. Hayley was already a superstar at that point. At that age she already had an unbelievable voice, incredible stage presence and was absolutely amazing to watch.

I’ve seen her a few times since that tour and Paramore went on to be a huge band. She’s stayed the same sweet, down to earth and really friendly girl.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Been listening to a bit of the catalogue - as much as it probably makes me a contrary mary on here I prefer the more poppy stuff to the early pop-punk stuff.

None of it is bad though.