Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Andy Rourke - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Andy Rourke

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    drpbier said:
    Cemetry Gates for me. It doesn't work without that bassline 
    My one is Rusholme Ruffians.  The fairly percussive strummed rhythm guitar, and the melodic bass over it sits beautifully and just gives it something I find hard to describe. Every millionth time I revisit it seems as magical as the first time I heard the song.

RIP Andy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 164
    I feel so sad that Andy has died. The Smiths are my absolute favourite band of them all, I love the music, they gave the young and desperate teenage version of myself something to cling to.

As someone in their late-40s who has started to really feel his age of late, this somehow seems strangely timely to me. Andy is the first of the gang to die.
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    I read just now that at the Manchester City game they played Barbarism Begins At Home at half time.

Andy was always my Smiths style icon in the late 80s. I couldn’t pull off a Morrissey quiff or Marr’s camp style, but Andy’s blonde spiky hair and charity shop suede jackets was what I aspired to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DaveJamesDaveJames Frets: 63
    My favourite bass intro on " heaven knows I'm  miserable now".