Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Cort AP550M v Vintage V300 - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Cort AP550M v Vintage V300

What's Hot
I am after a smaller 'parlour' style acoustic and these two stand out. I know the V300 gets a lot of love on here (maybe fully deserved?) but I have reservations over the nut width and string spacing and that is a big concern for 'flabby fingers' me. The Cort,while being a nice Mahogany and it's Vintage equivalent (Mahogany version is around £50 dearer and Spruce is around £30 more expensive) also has a 45mm string spacing that caught (no pun intended!) my eye. Of course the Cort is a genuine parlour size while the Vintage is a touch bigger bodied and this makes little difference to me personally but that 45mm on a parlour is certainly eye catching even though the quality of the Cort may be up for debate. 
I would love to hear any experiences of the two,particularly the Cort as if it is poor quality I won't enetertain it but will look for more of a wider nut and similar price bracket to compare with the V300.

Cheers for future replies. I'm sure the V300 will get lots of love and support going by previous discussions.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    I helped a friend of my Other Half when she wanted a beginner guitar and we bought a V300. It was just £75 used and a bargain at that price. The mahogany version is much-loved here, I think.

Don't know the Cort. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    I dont like all mahogany  

V300 spruce for me any and every day  -  

but you know the real answer is  -  try it first sausage fingers  =)   you might get on with the Vintage
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    bertie said:
    I dont like all mahogany  

but you know the real answer is  -  try it first sausage fingers  =)   you might get on with the Vintage
    I had both & kept the mahogany  ;)  Plenty of guitars out there to find what suits you individually.
    You're right about the nut width though, you can't go by measurements alone, there's the overall feel too.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145

I had both & kept the mahogany   
    confirms my suspicions 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    bertie said:
    I dont like all mahogany  

I had both & kept the mahogany  ;)  Plenty of guitars out there to find what suits you individually.
    You're right about the nut width though, you can't go by measurements alone, there's the overall feel too.
    You kept the Mahogany Cort or Vintage?
  • CryptidCryptid Frets: 405
    I've not tried the Cort but own a V300 MH. I really like the Vintage, but the nut width and spacing at bridge is fairly tight, and I have the fingers of a hungry poet. Depends what you're used to I suppose. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    bertie said:
    I dont like all mahogany  

You kept the Mahogany Cort or Vintage?
    Sorry, Vintage.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    I plumped for the Cort here as the wider fretboard/nut width was very important for me. Especially after having a Yamaha APX travel sized guitar and not getting on with it because of the narrow nut and string spacing. I haven't had a chance to play it or set it up but it looks nice out of the box and only the action seems to need dealing with in due course. Here are a couple of photos.
    https://imgur.com/12SdOdb

https://imgur.com/e9bcKRm