Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Walkthrough video of installing a bigsby vibramate on my les paul - Gear Reviews Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Walkthrough video of installing a bigsby vibramate on my les paul

What's Hot
allenallen Frets: 545

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    That's a very interesting video - thank you for sharing it.

You have a new subscriber. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • allenallen Frets: 545
    Chris.B said:
    That's a very interesting video - thank you for sharing it.

You have a new subscriber. 
    Thank you very much!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    Very interesting. I'd considered a vibramate in the past (on my 345) but the extra weight of the Bigsby always put me off.

According to Bigsby, a B7 weighs 12.5oz, then there's whatever little extra the Vibramate bracket adds.

Oh, and the R9 Historics don't have any weight relief. This is the big selling point for many - a solid wood guitar that's still relatively light (for a Les Paul).

There are some chambered models but they're technically not R9s as they are stamped "CR9" at the start of the serial number.

7.5lbs would be unbelievably light for a non-chambered R9! Are you sure it was that light to begin with? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • allenallen Frets: 545
    Actually, you are right. I just checked my records. The guitar started at 8lb 4oz.

No idea why I thought the R9 was weight relieved.
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    8lb 4oz is still really light for a Les Paul and it's a beautiful guitar!

Mine is 9lb, a perfectly respectable weight, so yours plus the Bigsby is almost the same. Plus, the great thing about the Vibramate is that it'll come off and you're back to a super-light Les Paul.

I suppose that's why I liked the idea so much. I just forced myself to rethink and when I had guitars with a Bigsby, I never used it enough to justify the thing. I just think they look so cool.