Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RAM memory help? - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RAM memory help?

BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
edited September 2013 in Studio & Recording

For a Line 6 UX1 the requirements are 512MB?

My laptop has a 6GB RAM memory but on checking the space used using Resource Monitor I have found "Available" RAM fluctuates betweem 1.3GB and 3.6GB on the 2 occasions I checked it. So this could mean it gets less than that occasionally?

I know sod all about computers tech side.

I don't want to buy the Line 6 if my laptop wont have enough memory.

Thanks for any help.

And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    A laptop with 6G of ram should be fine to run any of the line6 software and plugins.   With plenty to spare :)    More than plenty!

Unless you're playing several ram hungry games at the same time but I'm guessing that's unlikely.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I think they mean that the laptop should have that much in total so you have plenty.
  • @monquixote

@John_P

cheers fellas!

:)
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.