Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Martin Pryce (strap maker) - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Martin Pryce (strap maker)

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30192
edited May 2023 in Tributes
Sad to report to our community that Martin Pryce, strap maker in Ludlow to stars such as Gilmour, Guy Pratt and many others, passed away last night.

a wonderful man with many tales and stories.

he will be missed.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    I have one of his Gilmour/Hendrix straps (as a result of your recommendation). Very sorry to hear this. RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    I have one of his Gilmour/Hendrix straps (as a result of your recommendation). Very sorry to hear this. RIP
    Transpires he took his own life. Tragic 

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    edited May 2023
    Gassage said:
    Transpires he took his own life. Tragic 
    Oh dear, that’s awful - obviously you knew him personally - very sorry for your loss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Even more sad given the manner of his passing.  RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • What a shame. I often browsed his website and promised myself I'd treat myself to one of his straps if I ever got myself a 'proper guitar'.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.