Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Francis Monkman rip - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Francis Monkman rip

What's Hot
westwest Frets: 974
The composer and instrumentalist Francis Monkman has died of cancer aged 73. He was known as a member of Curved Air and Sky....

one of my fave soundtracks ever  .....

and for the olds think again theme with johnny ball  ....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• westwest Frets: 974

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    ...and 801. Bill MacCormick did a lovely tribute to him on his fb page. Good at Chess apparently.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I don't know much about him really, but my brother had the first two Sky albums and played them endlessly, so I recognised his name straight away.  RIP
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    Another sad loss.

It's not a competition.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    That piece of music which accompanied the closing scene of The Long Good Friday, absolutely made that ending.   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Missed this thread! I used to really like Sky back in the 70s, and I've never been a fan of film soundtracks (I only have 2 or 3) but I loved his music for the Long Good Friday (Which I do have). The music is superb and really adds to the film, especially that classic ending shot. Superb!

RIP Francis