Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Guild P240 Memoir & DS240 Memoir - anyone played/owned either? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Guild P240 Memoir & DS240 Memoir - anyone played/owned either?

louis_LLMlouis_LLM Frets: 108
My quest for a Martin 00-15sm isn't going so well, and i have money burning a hole in my pocket.

Anyone got any experience with the above guitars? I love the look of them both, and the Guild acoustics i've owned previously have sounded great. Hoping for more of the same with these. Could pick the pair of them up for around £800, which is very tempting...

Talk me into/out of it!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MooseAbootMooseAboot Frets: 7
    Ive got the ds240 which I've talked about on other threads.  It's a great guitar in its own right and I also agree with those that say it holds its own against Gibson models.
    Having said that, I just watched the demo of the P240 and I would say that would be my pick of the two, particularly if you are after the 00 sized Martin.
    I also have a Martin 00015 from the mid 2000s.  So the previous model with the gold foil logo.  In the last year it has done that thing that older mahogany guitars do in becoming super loud.  So maybe a suggestion to broaden your search out and consider 0/00/000 15s from that era?
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    edited May 2023
    I've got a P240. It's good for the blues stuff and is lighter, more resonant and the trebles are brighter than I expected. However, it's never going to sound like a  mahogany topped guitar and certainly not the 0015.

I would hold out for the Martin (even though I'm not a big Martin fan). If it's mainly about aesthetics and you're determined to spend then you would be better off with with the Sigma 0015sm as a stop gap if you want to scratch that itch.