Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SOLD Marshall SE100 speaker simulator and amp attenuator - Studio & Rec £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SOLD Marshall SE100 speaker simulator and amp attenuator

goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
edited June 2023 in Studio & Rec £

Big heavy box packed with old-style analog stuff. No IRs, no USB port, no latency. Just lots of fat resistors, heavy chokes and transformers to make a reactive load and shape the emulated signal in the style of a 4x12 cabinet. If I remember right, this is the circuit that Marshall 'borrowed' from Groove Tubes (not sure if licenced or plagiarised).

Marshall's speaker simulation system, from the 1990s, I think. Headphone output as well as 1/4in line level and balanced XLR. Has voicing settings for on/off axis, plus cab type. Works with speaker-level signals or with a line level signal (e.g. from a THD Hotplate, etc). There's a signal flow diagram on the back panel:

If you want to use this between your amp and speaker cabinet, you also get 3 levels of attenuation: -6dB, -12dB and -18dB. This equates to around 25W / 6W / 1.5W if your amp is outputting 100W RMS.

Good condition - just missing a few screws on the top cover (self tapping type - I may find them in the cupboard!). Comes with the dedicated power supply. Manual is available online.

Price: £250 + shipping (or collect from Cambridge)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Price drop: £225 shipped UK
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter