Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Eric Clapton / Jeff Beck - Moon River - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Eric Clapton / Jeff Beck - Moon River

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2517
in Music tFB Trader
Not the most exciting release. But damn, I do miss Jeff... Still sad about that..

Didnt know about the tribute concert till just now..

“Moon River,” recorded not long before Jeff’s tragic passing, is now available on all streaming platforms. This release comes ahead of a series of Jeff Beck tribute shows at Royal Albert Hall in London. The double A-side “Moon River” and new song “How Could We Know” featuring Judith Hill, Simon Climie, and Daniel Santiago will be released on 7" vinyl July 14, 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    I heard somewhere that Jeff has plenty of similar songs filled under maybe/no - But was never happy with his playing/take on them  - So who knows if some of these will ever be released on an album in due course

Funnily enough I've always had moon river on my 'to learn to play' list in a 1/2 heart JB instrumental way - But never got round to it yet

Jeff just waltzes thru' such songs with ease
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    I’m at the first of the tribute gigs next Monday at the RAH. Not a cheap night out, given I’m in Manchester - I’m hoping it’ll be a great event.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 822
    Thanks for posting. 

Made me think. If you hadn't told me who was playing I would have known instantly that it was Jeff. 

Not may guitarists that I think the same would be true for. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Played it a couple of times now - Let's be honest, Jeff could play London Bridge is falling down and make it his - Yet I find a couple of his 'American Song Book' style classics a bit safe - This and Somewhere over the rainbow for example - Yes it is Jeff and yes his control and technique are superb - But such cover tracks are hardly Pork Pie Hat or A Day in the life - Is it because the tunes are so simple - The backing a touch from a 'Holiday Inn chilled bar' - A bit safe and as such bordering on Hank Marvin, so predictable and bland (maybe harsh but hope you know what I mean)

I don't dislike it  but not wow !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited May 2023 tFB Trader
    Live version of Moon River with EC and his band as I can see Steve Gadd on drums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKIFrPn0m4c
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Reply richardhomer said:
    I’m at the first of the tribute gigs next Monday at the RAH. Not a cheap night out, given I’m in Manchester - I’m hoping it’ll be a great event.
    Have a great time! 

Is Pagey slated to appear? 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    edited May 2023
    No @Redlester, Page didn’t turn up. The only unscheduled appearance was Kirk Hammett - who I wouldn’t cross the road to see normally (not even if he had his wah wah with him) but at least he had the decency to bring along Peter Green’s Les Paul… And his wah wah…
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Live version of Moon River with EC and his band as I can see Steve Gadd on drums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKIFrPn0m4c
    Really enjoyed this. Great vocal performance and of course Beck is exquisite