Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). best place to buy cheap (ish) body blanks? - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

best place to buy cheap (ish) body blanks?

What's Hot
I'm trying my hand at making a guitar body. I will 100% make a mess of things so I'm looking for the best place to buy affordable blanks? Need to be ready to cut to shape so pre glued 2 or 3 piece or one piece is fine.

Any suggestions much appreciated?

Cheers

Mark
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    They are never that cheap. I usually get something off eBay. I did make a tele body for an old mahogany fireplace that I reclaimed from the street!

no reason for you to mess up. You want a router, a bit with a bearing and some template files. I made my own templates, which needless to say takes more time but is cheaper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1534
    @axisus I'll keep an eye on ebay. Fingers crossed I won't mess it up too much - I'm doing my research first and getting my head around it - I'm going to start very simple first. I'll try making a template as you suggested. cheers.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    BooBoo guitars had a couple recently
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    axisus said:
    reclaimed from the street
    Do you live near a railway line? ;)

You could build a guitar that could properly be described as a sleeper.
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter