Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Rolf Harris - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Rolf Harris

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 15285
Am I a few days early ?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    Can you not tell what it is yet?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Schrödinger's nonce
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Dominic said:
    Am I a few days early ?
    If Rolf himself reads this it might tip him over the edge.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited May 2023
    Which reminds me of the time I said to my brother I was sure Janice Long was dead... he looked it up and her death had been announced literally five minutes earlier. 

It was on Christmas Day a couple of years ago, there are always a few celeb deaths every Christmas.

(RIP, of course.)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Dominic said:
    Am I a few days early ?
    So you want to leave a tribute for a not dead paedophile?

Thats original I’ll give you that.  
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    It was meant to be ironic ........having read an article that said he was taken into hospital on his last legs
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    munckee said:
    tribute for a not dead paedophile
    Sounds like a really ill-informed second-rate art house band with jazz leanings.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Dominic said:
    having read an article that said he was taken into hospital on his last legs
    How many?
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    Dominic said:
    It was meant to be ironic ........having read an article that said he was taken into hospital on his last legs
    well he's got 50% more,  so could be a while
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    munckee said:
    Dominic said:
    Am I a few days early ?

ephebophile, not paedophile

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Seeing as a) he’s not dead yet and b) I don’t think we should be paying tributes to an unsavoury nonce anyway, can this thread be deleted please? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ChairsChairs Frets: 52
    Paul_C said:
    munckee said:
    Dominic said:
    Am I a few days early ?

ephebophile, not paedophile

An ephebophile is just a paedophile with a thesaurus.
    I've been around since MusicRadar as Schpudd. Current feedback here. Or eBay feedback on request.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    Didn't know he was sick ill

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    boogieman said:
    Seeing as a) he’s not dead yet and b) I don’t think we should be paying tributes to an unsavoury nonce anyway, can this thread be deleted please? 

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Harris has finally croaked.
    he was supposed to do that 2 weeks ago 
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1726
    He's been dead to me for a long time. 
    I was a fan pre-Yewtree. Always watched cartoon club, was impressed by the big paintings, read his autobiography, bought the CD. Of all the grim discoveries after Saville died, this was the one that got me the most. Saville was always creepy, the others I didn't know, but Harris was a hero of sorts. Then he turns out to have been evil, and a happy little bit of my childhood is ruined. Obviously, other childhoods were affected much worse and I know my feelings here are not important in the grand scheme of things.
    Alas, the wooble of some thin hardboard, not being able to tell what something is, and a few funny songs are now consigned to a mental room 101, all being replaced with a reminder that some people are cunts. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    Anybody want to buy my original Rolf Harris Stylophone?
  • We've got two paintings by his grandfather, which is a bit weird (my father in law bought them years ago). 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Good riddance. May him and all his pedo ilk rot in hell.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It seems I grew up during Peak Paedo: Savile, Harris, Hall and many more. If only we'd heeded the warnings that were out there: 

I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    We've got two paintings by his grandfather, which is a bit weird (my father in law bought them years ago). 
     Can't you tell what they are?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Rolf was such a national institution over here, even though originally from Oz. All through my life he was around, doing stuff on TV. I was a fan all through the years. Boy was that a big fall from grace, who could have imagined what was going on behind the scenes. He was a much loved entertainer, but he threw it all away. Ultimately a scumbag, it almost pains me to say it, but facts are facts.

RIP - Rest in pain ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    edited May 2023
    As a kid growing up with a certain amount of BBC in the house, Rolf Harris was often seen. I never found him entertaining but I also never put him in the "creepy f**ker" category that Savile went into on first sight. He was verging on the "so bad it's good" category but never quite made it, so he didn't get much viewing chez Merlin. 

His drawings were fun, although I did feel patronised by his "can you see what it is yet?"

Most of the time my brothers and I found ourselves laughing at him rather than with him. 

Rest in Purgatory. 

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    Glitter next.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    edited May 2023
    He came to my school once to give a presentation . He had a really dirty Mercedes IIRC and someone wrote Rolf is a cun* ‘ all over it in the dirt and let his tyres down in the school car park. Rolf apparently got angry and the headmaster went beserk but no one admitted to it.

I always wondered if that kid was some sort of 1980’s Bromley Nostradamus . Well played to the lad

7reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Dominic said:
    he was supposed to do that 2 weeks ago 
    Turns out I WAS right all along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roll up Roll up .......If anybody wants Lottery numbers you can PM me ..........only £50 for a line
    get in quick all they'll all be wanting them
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649