Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Greet Death - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Greet Death

What's Hot
ewalewal Frets: 2359
I'm a total sucker for quiet/loud shoegazy rock. These lads do it well.

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I loved New Hell. Fantastic album. I do wonder if the deceptive name has held them back. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    I thought they'd be some sort of Explosions In The Sky tribute when I saw the name. Absolutely love how he goes from full on distortion to full on mile high reverb for the quiet bits. Already studying his pedalboard  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I mean. C'mon... This is fucking marvellous.

I'm a bit obsessed with how he's switching between the cavernous modulated reverb and the loud distortion. At times it sounds to me as the reverb is always on and he's switching in and out a dry line running in parallel. Seems unlikely though. Suspect his pedals are all in serial with modulated verb at the end. Sounds cleverer than that though...
    Continue to be amazed by the sounds this band make. Sorta feel sorry for them, if they'd been around in the 90s they'd have been huge. All the post grunge wannabes like Pearl Jam were soulless in comparison.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter