Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Queens of the Stone Age - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Queens of the Stone Age

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    They are live on YouTube tonight so let's see what new stuff they play.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LPManic said:
    Do you know when?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    LPManic said:
    Do you know when?
    On now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zROO3szjdIg
  • LPManic said:
    LPManic said:
    Do you know when?
    On now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zROO3szjdIg
    Ta. 
  • The main thing I’ve noticed is music from the overlooked Era Vulgaris - and the Epiphone cabinet twinned with a WEM head. 
  • PjonPjon Frets: 203
    I've listened to it a couple of times now and it's not engaging me like their best stuff does. The last track seems to be four different noodles all cobbled together. I normally find a few tracks on an average QOTSA album that are worth listening to but this only seems to have one. That's one more than Era Vulgaris or Villains for me though.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Gonna see them tomorrow. New album or no there should be plenty to enjoy. I am designated driver 
  • Friend of mine saw them in Halifax. Said they were great. This pink pop gig is good. 

Album still not grabbing me. Just seems like lots of noise. Emotion Sickness, Time and Place, and Negative Space are the only ones I go back to.

All the live gigs on YouTube have been great though. Micky Shoes really is a handsome bugger never mind a fantastic bassist and backing vocalist. Swoon!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    They were great. Played a lot of my faves. The new songs were a bit pedestrian but they sounded good. They are headlining the other stage at glasto on Sunday apparently